Sunday, March 4, 2018

March 4, 2018

Oh, these ladies! How they inspire me!
The one thing I love about coaching is learning from the other coaches! The collaboration is priceless! I was lucky enough to have the three of these ladies visit me on Friday, March 2nd. They visited my school, walked in classrooms, talked to students, talked to teachers, and talked to administrators. We shared ideas, we listened to one another's stories, we we lifted one another up as high as we could, we celebrated wins, and we talked about defeats. We made plans for the future. We reflected on how fortunate we are to have met one another and to have been a part of this program.

I learn so much from them!

We are all so different! We look at coaching from different angles but through the same glasses.  I listened to them as they interacted with the teachers and students in my building. We all talk the same talk, but then so many ideas begin to flow!

I'm convinced that collaboration is the key to coaching. Collaborating with other coaches. Collaborating with other teachers. Collaborating with students. Collaborating with the community. Without color variation coaching really loses some of its integrity.

I feel very grateful that the coaches in our region are so close and collaborate together so very often.

I look forward to visiting the other coaches in our region very soon!


1 comment:

  1. Yes, collaboration is key. I'm so glad that you guys model this so well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete