Thursday, March 8, 2018

March 8, 2018

Posting early due to visiting my son in Columbus, GA this weekend!


Just a typical week in public education:

Drug Task Force Dogs visited our school.  An "infraction" occurred, prompting the district to do a sweep of the MS/HS buildings with the Drug Task Force Dogs.  They are simply remarkable animals.

No drugs found on premises.

However, a lock down for this type of procedure took place.  I'm happy to say our students and staff knew exactly what to do.   The parents, however, did not.

We had parents show up at our door during the lock down. 
No entry was permitted.
No one was sitting at the desk to let them in.
Everyone was on lock down.

An all-call went out to parents letting them know what was happening.  Still, some parents .......


Knock, knock, knock.

Door bell, door bell, door bell.

"Hey, I want my child.  We have an appointment!"


We could hear this from our lock down position.


Knock, knock, knock.

Door bell, door bell, door bell.

"What's going on in there?" 

Knock, knock, knock.

Door bell, door bell, door bell.

"Hey!  What's going on???"  I need my child!!!"


When it was all said and done, the parents were understanding for the most part, but some......not so much! 

Really?????

After everything that just happened in Florida??????

Enough said.


In other news:

Our assistant superintendent quit.  She was hired in November of 2017.  Yes, less than 5 months ago.

We settled our contract....no strike for us.

A teacher was asked to resign. (No, not me!)

I obtained more swag.....GoFormative stickers, T-shrits, pencils, stickers from Woot Math, More Pear Deck subscriptions 

We tried #appsmashing in a few classes.....very successful!

My most reluctant teacher (in the beginning) taught the Social Studies department how to use Tour Builder.


And, it's only Thursday!


But....tomorrow is a jean day!  Yay!  Casual Friday!  I am off 1/2 personal day!

And,
I'm leaving on a jet plane......don't know when I'll be back again! 

JK


No comments:

Post a Comment